AGE FOR ADMISSION:
A child enrolling in our school must follow Illinois State Board of Education age requirements and be the appropriate age by September 1st of the year they are entering school:
- 1st grade: 6 years of age
- Kindergarten: 5 years of age
- 4 yr. old Preschool: 4 years of age
- 3 yr. old Preschool: 3 years of age
For the admission of a preschool, kindergarten, or first grade child parents should present copies of the following:
- Official birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Social Security number
- Records of physical exam, immunizations, lead screening, dental and/or eye exam (as required by the State of Illinois)
For the admission of older students the above records must be presented in addition to the proper transfer from the school previously attended. Parents will be asked to sign a form requesting the records of the child from the former school.
- Prior to acceptance at St. Barbara School, perspective students will be interviewed by the principal.
- Transfer students may be placed on one year probationary status at St. Barbara School if previous academic or behavior history indicates a potential problem. Evaluation of academic and behavior performance at St. Barbara School will determine future course of action that best suits the needs of the student and our school.
- Transfer students may be tested by the school to see it they meet academic standards set by the school at each grade level.
- Students with learning disabilities and/or emotional disabilities, whose academics needs cannot be met by existing programs may not be accepted for admission.
- Students wishing to enroll in grades 3-8 who have not received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist will be eligible to receive the Sacraments after two years of classroom instruction.
REGISTRATION APPLICATION & FEES:
The registration fee of $100 for per student for NEW families must be paid at the time of registration.