This section provides parents/guardians with important information from the school office. Content in this section includes hardcopy materials sent home in the weekly brown envelope. For the calendar of events, please refer to the School Calendar.
We are only a few weeks away from the first day of school for the 2018-2019 school year! We still have many projects going on in both the school building and surrounding campus area and we cannot wait to welcome you back. Please keep in mind some important dates as we near the first day:
Back to School Dates:
- The first day of school for grades 1-8 is Wednesday, August 22 with an 11:30 dismissal. We then invite families to attend the Back to School Picnic sponsored by the Ladies Guild beginning at 11:30 on the school grounds. All students and families are invited to attend in grades PK-8. There will be food and fun for all!
- Thursday, August 23 is the first day of Kindergarten with an 11:30 dismissal for grades K-8.
- Friday, August 24 is our first full day of school for Kindergarten-Grade 8. Preschool Orientation will also take place in two sessions this day. You should have received an invitation in the mail in regard to this orientation session. These were mailed out last week so if you have not received you will be shortly.
- Monday, August 27 is the first day for preschool.
- Extended Day paperwork is available for download on our website under the ‘About’ tab. You may fill out the paperwork and bring to school on either Wednesday, August 22 or Thursday, August 23 from 7:30-8:00am both days in the Lower Hall or on Thursday, August 23 from 2:30-3:00 pm. Please also have your check or cash ready for the registration fee.
- Extended day begins on Friday, August 24 as this is our first full day of school.
Tuition Contracts/Smart Tuition:
- Please remember that the first tuition payment is due on either August 1 or 15 depending on your due date. School fees are included in Smart Tuition.Registration fees must be paid directly to the School Office. School fees were due by July 15 please ensure these are paid before the first day of school. Tuition Contracts need to be filled in and dropped at the Rectory immediately if you have not already done so. Contact the Rectory at 312-842-7979 with any inquiries about Contracts and or Smart Tuition!
- Please make sure to check out our ‘Teacher Page’ on the school website. All of our teachers are posted with photos and credentials!We welcome our new faculty and also our returning faculty for the 2018-2019 school year!
Have a good rest of the summer!
Click HERE to see how you can earn a $250 tuition credit by participating in the Student Referral Program!
- Virtual Tour - We invite you to take a Virtual Tour of our school. To view classroom virtual photos, please visit individual teacher pages.
- Amazon Smile - If you make purchases on Amazon, be sure to make them on Amazon Smile! Select "St. Barbaras Parish" and the school will receive a percentage of your purchases. Remember, only purchases at SMILE.AMAZON.COM (NOT Amazon's regular site or the mobile app) support our school. Also, visit our Fundraising page to view other fundraising opportunities.